Lump in neck under skin, changes in size. What is it? How to treat it?

I have a lump in my neck that changes in size. It s not directly on the back of my neck, but maybe an inch from the center of the back of my neck. It s under the skin and there is nothing visible on the surface. Some days I can barely find it and some days it s very prominent. It s been there for about a year, i think. I don t have any health insurance and am not sure where I should go to get it checked out or what the process or cost will be.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013