Lump in neck, not movable, soft, sore neck muscles. What should I expect?

I found a small lump in the posterior triangle of muscles on the left side on neck , at the hairline. It has been three weeks, no change. To me, it feels immovable, but soft. My neck muscles have been sore on that side (possibly because of frequent manipulation?) And I have had strange sensations in my ear. My anxiety has been blown up, causing me to lose my appetite and just not feel well, including being tired. I m having this checked out, but what should I expect?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012