Lump in mons pubis, slightly visible, tender to the touch. Should I get it checked out?

I have a knot or lump persay under the skin of my mons pubis .I have read that lymph nodes swell when fighting infections, and I do get menstrual bumps every now and then. It is only slightly visible, and tender to the touch. Should I get it checked out, or wait a whie to see if it gets any bigger. Its about the size of a lima bean.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
hello dear usually there are no lymph nodes in the mons area, what i think that it is an infected hair follicle and u may need antibiotics, so please get it checked.