Lump in lower abdomen, swelling of epididymis, backpain. No relief from ciprofloxcin. Suggestions?

Hi. I have had a lump in lower left abdomen for at least a year. For the same amount of time I have also experienced swelling of my epididymis on the left side. I also have a dull ache in lower left back. At times it feels itchy for brief periods anywhere from my upper left thigh up to my lower front and back abdomen. When I wake in the morning the swelling on the epidymis is not as bad but gets worse as the day goes along. I have already tried taking a round of ciprofloxacin unfortunately and did nothing but cause tendon problems in my legs. I have no insurance and I'm wondering what my best move is at this point. Should I just go to the emergency room and get stuck with a tremendous bill? Are their any other options? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand that you have a lot of concerns and it is frustrating to have all these problems. I wonder if you can get aid in the form of social security if you are having problems paying your bills. With your condition it is not necessary to go to an ER if you are going to be stuck with a huge bill. If you have insurance and can get an appointment with a doctor who can examine you, it would be ideal. However I believe that your concerns seem to be valid and you may need an imaging study of your abdomen to find out what the lump is. I hope this helps. Over the counter medications to help relieve the itching and back pain usually helps in the short term.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!