Lump in left breast areola, redness, pain on pressing, expecting menstrual cycle. Causes?

I have a lump, (like the size of my thumb when i try to feel it) in my left breast areola and it is a bit red, warmer and slightly painful when I press. I am expecting my menstruation in a couple of days though, so I am thinking it may just be related to that. But I really am worried since this is the first time I had this. Please help. Do I need to see a doctor now or do I wait for a week and observe if changes happen?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013