Lump in knee on medial side, hurts on running, bone chip ruled out. History of CECS surgery. Cause?

I have a hard pea sized lump in my knee on the medial side. It was previously movable and occasionally it would hide . Now you can rarely find it and when I run it hurts. I had CECS surgery and have just started running again so it wasn t hurting before, most likely because I wasn t doing anything. I ve had xrays and it s not a bone chip. 20yr old Female
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think it can be a meniscal cyst. I would suggest you to get MRI of the knee joint to confirm the diagnosis and if it is there then you will need arthroscopic surgery to remove this cyst.