Lump in inner vaginal wall. Causes discomfort during sex. Suggestions?

Hi i have recently been able to feel a large smooth lump on my inner vaginal wall. It doesnt feel seperate from the wall of my vagina. I am not sure of it is a prolapse of some sort or a cyst , but it really only discomfort during intercourse because it feels like it is.blocking the way. There is also an indentation on the surface of it similar to a cut that healed already.already
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

I understand the query.
Common causes for such a lump are vaginal wall cysts and prolapse [ prolapsing part may feel like a lump].

The best way to know is by a vaginal examination by a gynceologist. Vaginal wall cysts can be removed easily but prolapse may need surgical repair depending upon the age and desire for future child birth.

So please see a doctor as soon as possible and get evaluated.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist