Lump in gum. X-ray shows infection. Leaking pus after root canal. What is wrong?

hi i had a lump in my gum a while ago when i pushed it, it popped i left it foe a few weeks hoping it would go away. it didn t. i then went to the dentist and had a x ray showing i had a infection on the tooth next to my top left front tooth. i dont know the correct name for what i have done to that tooth but i have a steel rod with a cap on it. they said that a root canal would fix it. after i had that done the problem did not go away and now it is leaking pus. what is wrong with it
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012