Lump in groin, testicles hurt. Had sex recently for first time. Should i see a doctor?

My son is 26. He just noticed a lump in his groin area, on the inside of the thigh. The lump itself is not painful, but he said his testicles hurt. He has not had much appetite for the last 2 or 3 days. The flu is going around. He did recently have sex for the first time in a couple years with a girl that has a reputation for being promiscuous, however he did use a prophylactic. We are wondering if we should wait & see, or should we rush him to the doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013