Lump in armpit, sore, swelling, bruising. Taken antibiotics. Need to worry?

Hi I have had a lump in my armpit for 2 weeks. It started small but grew in size until it became very sore and swollen with bruising type pain down my arm. I visited a drop in centre and saw a nurse who said it was likely an infected sweat gland or hair follicle . She prescribed antibiotics. After a couple of days taking them the swelling and lump has gone down but my arm is still sore and achey and now I have what feels like a swollen vein or tendon raised up in my armpit heading down my arm. It is very sore to touch and my arm hurts if I raise it. Is it anything to worry about? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013