Lump getting bigger in the roof of the mouth. Should I be worried?

Hi, for the past year, I ve had this small, bony-feeling lump on the roof of my mouth perhaps a few millimeters wide at most. I haven t paid it much mind, I just thought it was an oddly-placed torus. It hasn t felt like it s grown until recently, and I ve been poking and prodding it trying to figure out what it is. It s irritated now, and feels a bit larger, by a few millimeters. It s on the edge of my hard palate , left side of mouth, just where the soft palate starts. You need to press down on the soft palate to feel it. I took a flashlight to it, and now it resembles a zit. What is it?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012