Lump felt inside stomach. Can push the lump and make squishy noise. What could it be?

hi when i push on the right hand side of my stomach i can feel a lump but the doctor said it was something to do with my bowels and at night time when i lay on my back i can feel it pussing up onto my stomach as if someone is pumping up a baloon in my stomach and i can push on it and it makes a squishy noise..any idea?.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
thanks for writing HCM
I need further information regarding your feeling of lump in abdomen 1.) how long do you suffer with this symptom 2.) any visible swelling in abdomen during straining/cough/lifting heavy weight 3.)any complaints of abdominal pain /retrosternal burning sensation.4.)about your bowel habits ie constipation/loose stool .my advise is to take endoscopy because your symptoms highly suggestive of hiatus hernia .Second possibility is gastritis as regurgitation may give some people feeling of lump advise is to drink plenty of water,regularly timed food with every 3 hours but all in small quantity for eg 2-4 biscuits with adequate water and to avoid spicy and oily food,no alcohol,no coffee,no junk foods and syp.gelusil (antacid) 2teaspoon Thrice daily .consult general surgeon and get appointment for endoscopy if symptoms persists.
I would be glad to provide answers to any further queries.
Thanks for using HMC Have a good day!
Regards ,
Dr. V.KUMARAGURU general surgeon