Lump between thighs and testicles, constant pain. Is it a swollen lymph node?

My boyfriend has a lump between his left thigh and testicles. It is about 3cm, squishy, painful to the touch, and can only be felt, not seen. He s been in constant pain for the last 24 hours, but especially when he walks. I ve done some online research and it seems like either a inguinal hernia or a swollen lymph node. It seems like it is too low on his thigh to be a hernia, but can you help me figure out which one it is?! I
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012