Lump below buttock. Released blood when popped. Recurred again. Solution?

I had a small lump on the bottom of my left buttocks not quite inbetween my cheeks but almost (about the size of the end of an eraser) for about a month and a half. I tried to pop it and a little blood came out. It reduced in size to where I could barely feel it anymore. Then last week it came back in the same spot and feels a little swolen and looks a little red. What do you think? Should I see a GP? It is now starting to hurt a little bit when I walk or sit down. Also rode my bike several times this week so I wonder if that got it to come back because last month I didn t ride my bike at all. Thanks for you help!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
As per your query,it looks like a Pilonidal sinus.As it is present since one and half month,and not healing a Sinus is the most likely possibility.A simple infection will be healed with in few days.
It is not relieved with medical treatment.
Please consult your surgeon and get it correctly diagnosed and treated.
Wish you good health