Lump behind the ear reducing in size. Malignant mass or swollen lymph node?

Hi, this query is for my younger brother who has a lump behind his left year on the lower part of the year. Initially when the lump came out it was big ( about the size of golf ball) but later on it shrunk and now it is size of a pea. It first came out a year ago. we re really worried and concerned, whether it could be malignant mass or is it just a swollen lymp node? Does a malignant mass ever reduces in size than its initial size. I will really appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much in advance
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012