Lump behind ear, unusual fatigue. Family history of cancer. What could this be?

I am a 24 year old female and for the last couple months I have noticed a large, hard, stationary lump just above my jawline behind my right ear. I have not been or even felt sick and the node behind my left ear is not at all noticably swollen; besides an extreme, unusual fatique I have felt completely fine. I eat healthy and am consistently active, so I am not sure if this is something I should be concerned about. I do know that cancer runs in my family which may or not be relevant- I just thought I should add that in there.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
welcome to hcm.
a swelling which is hard may be a bony one.
few questuions should be answered in cases of lump. it enlarging? it hard? it changing its size shape rapidly? there any associated systemic features like fever,malaise,headache etc?
if answers are YES then you should consult a surgeon.
the sweeling need examination and may be some investigations like FNAC.
I think you should have a consultation as it is large in couple of months and hard.
wish you a good health.
good luck.