Lump at the base of the neck. Did portal catheter break? CT scan normal. Suffering from RA, hypogammaglobulinemia

Hi...i am a 31 year old female with a very complicated health history, and complicated present. About six weeks ago, myporta cath broke (so we thought...stopped working amd noticed this large egg shaped lump at base of neck meeting the clavicle that gap between. It was assumed to be fluid that leaked out port, however, when port was replaced, the doctor said it appeared fine) I have a port for TPN as I have gastroparesis and many other health problems...RA,Fibro, Hypoggamaglobulinemia (I get IVIG for that) just to name a couple things). Anyway, if it had been fluid, my surgeon and main doc said that should have been absorbed by now...if it was swelling from surgery that too should be gone. I got an ultrasound ...they said everything was normal. My port surgeon still wasn t comfortable with me using it and sent me for a ct scan . The squishy, or spongy lump really hasn t changed in doesn t really hurt (been an athlete my whole life and doesn t feel muscular)...they did a ct on Monday and called me saying I needed to come in to get more pics. I guess I am just worried...I have loads of cancer in my family, but if nothing showed on ultrasound and blood is there no reason to worry.?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012