Lump at the back of mouth since years, irritaion while swallowing, feels when inserted a finger. Is it serious?

I have what feels like a lump towards the back of my mouth. It s almost right where the tongue meets the gum line. I ve had this feeling before, years ago. It feels irritated whenever I swallow or eat something, but it isn t very painful, just annoying. I can t see it in the mirror. I can only feel it when I stick my finger back there. It feels like a small lump. What could it be and is it serious?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012