Lump around rectum post lumbar discectomy, no burning or itching, no bowel movement since surgery, extreme discomfort. What could this be?

I just had a lumbar discectomy three days ago of L4-5 and I noticed a lump around my rectum. I thought it was hemrhoids so I tried preparation H with no results. I have not had a bowel movement since surgery nor do I feel the need to go. However, this lump does not burn or itch like hemrhoids. I have no drainage of any sort and I am able to pass gas. Any suggestions to what this is? It causes a little discomfort but Thais it.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  530 Awaiting Answer