Lump and swollen shin after hitting while batting. How to get relief?

i was pitching to my son for batting practice. Stupidly, I was not using an L-Screen, and took a direct hit on my shin. It immediately was swollen. I went to the Urgent care and the x-rays were negative. The injury was two weeks ago, and I still have a lump on my shin that is roughly the diameter of the baseball, and elevate about 1/4 inch. the pain is better, but I was thinking that after two weeks there would be improvement. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
From history it seems that you might be having big hematoma causing this problem.
If moreblood collection is there it require some time to absorb.
Apply ice pack 2-3 times a day for few days.
Some times if more blood is there, it should be drained with big needle.
Ok and take care.