Lump above tooth, swollen, hurts, pregnant. Can go dentist while pregnant?

Hello, four days ago I discovered a lump above a tooth that I had a root canal treatment performed in approx 2 years ago. The tooth has a temporary filling for the moment and requires a crown. The lump is quite high above the gum, is swoolen & only hurts when touched with my finger . My main concern is that I am currently 39weeks pregnant . Should I wait until I have had my baby to see my dentist or is it imperative that I see my dentist as soon as possible? Thanks so much for your time. Best regards, Lori
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Dentist, Implantology 's  Response
My suggestion would be that you can see your dentist and just take some medicines if required for the time being.. Once your delivery is done then you can go on further with the treatment, that is a RE- Root canal followed by a crown over it.
And congrats in advance for your baby..
Thanks and regards
Dr. Pankaj