Lump above pelvic bone, no pain or discomfort. Result of minor injury?

I have a small lump, about the size of a pencil eraser in the area where my thigh meets my hip. About 2 above my pelvic bone. It is perfectly situated in the crease of my leg and I can only feel it when I m laying flat. It is not painful or does not cause any discomfort. I just noticed it about a week after I dropped a piece of wood on myself in that general area. Could this be a result of that minor injury or could it be the result of someting more serious?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

This small swelling could be a haematoma( collection of blood) due to rupture of minute blood vessels as a result of injury over that area or a lymph node in groin region which might get enlarged due to infection in nearby area.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling, investigation and traeatment plan according to that.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta