Lumbar region pain radiating till knees, skin rash along inner thigh, knee, ankle. Reason, treatment?

I m a fairly active 45 yr old female that has been experiencing right lower back pain in the lumbar region that extends into the hip and down the thigh into the knee . Soon upon onset, I noticed a skin rash that runs strictly along the inner thigh, and has now spread behind the knee to the inner ankle . The rash is not particularly itchy, but initially felt very sensitive to the touch, but sensitivity pain has now subsided. The rash appears as very defined raised red bumps with a pale skin colored perimeter and fades when pressure is applied. Recent incidents that may help a diagnosis are frequent heavy lifting 75lbs moving boxes and a hard butt bump to a tree riding a tree swing that caused immediate pain, but subsided quickly with little bruising. The onset of pain began several days later. There is none to very minimal swelling in any region compared to the left side, and no fever nor hotness noticed. The pain seems to change daily, first concentrated in the lower back, shifting to the hip, and now particularly in the upper thigh, feeling constricted. Pain is mostly noted while standing and sitting, but is never eleviated by lying down or walking. I find most relief while jogging. I have had a no-illness history, but mother with ovarian cancer and history of bloodclots...possibly resulting from the cancer and treatments. Should I seek medical attention or rather let this take its course...I feel some improvement in pain today after suffering for approximately 5 days. Suspecting sciatica, but very concerned about possible dvt, and can t explain the rash. Also, 800mg ibuprofen reduces the pain nearly completely, a dose that I take for plantar fasciitis that I developed while training for half marathon 9 months ago.
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012