Lower leg bruise, no swelling or pain, tightness around inner ankle

I dove for a volleyball, hitting both kneecaps directly off the floor; my kneecaps are fine but immediately my lower leg bruised... the bruise is very large... the size of an eggplant probably... the bruising is the inside of the leg and about an inch below...there is no leg swelling or pain ... a bit of tightness when leg is extended around the inner ankle . Should I be concerned? How would an impact to the knee cause leg bruising in an area where there was no impact
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012