Lower calf knot. Is that a bite?

two days ago I noticed a knot on my lower calf and rubbed it unknowing it was some kind of bite. Now there is a bruise surrounding it. It does not itch but is slightly swollen and today I am feeling hot and cold . should I see a doctor? Just came back to houston from dallas where there are scorpions. Only thing I can think of is getting bitten while asleep. there are not any fang bites at the site.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012

scorpion bite normally have a very fast reaction what you call a "sympathetic surge"
and here in your case as you are telling that its been quite some time so it might not be a scorpion bite.
Also all scorpions are not poisonous.
it might be an insect bite.
try applying some soothening agent and take cetrizine 10 mg if you think its bothering too much and contact your GP.