Lower back tenderness, excruciating pain, bruised, pulled muscle. What may be wrong?

Good morning. Two days ago I woke up and noticed my lower back (about 2-3 inches above my tailbone) would feel a little tender when I moved/bent a certain way. Not severe/excruciating pain but enough to be noticeable. However, when I touch the sore spot, or it is touched by me sitting up against a chair, it feels as though there is a deep bruise there (no visible bruise or marks) and the pain will linger for about 30 minutes after I have last touched it. It doesn t feel like any pain I ve ever experienced before (pulled muscles, etc.). Do you have any idea to what this may be?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013