Lower back pain, toe pain, possible sciatica, sleeplessness, immobility, X ray showed Complete Avulsionmd of Ischial Tuberosity. Next?

I am 51yo WF, RN. Have had increasing pain R lower back to 4th toe R leg over past 6mo. Self-diagnosed sciatica. Currently unable to sit or lay supine. Finally saw Ortho - X-ray shows Complete Avulsionmd of Ischial Tuberosity. No acute trauma in recent history. Gravida 1 para 1 - vaginal delivery -posterior birth, 4025g, vacuum extractor/ forceps delivery, August 1988. Had a lot of pain, some swelling to butt then and was very difficult to defecate. no X-ray then. Eventually recovered.

Currently am Unable to drive, sit, sleep, work. Ortho says surgery not an option, may need cortisone shot in SI joint - do PT TIW and rest - see him again next week. Got X-ray disc and MRI disc and avulsion is BIG and complete. Need some input. Many things I've read point to surgery due to sciatic/IT band involvement. Am pretty much incapacitated.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013