Lower back pain, swollen leg. Gained weight. Had hip replacement. Heart related problem?

My brother had both hips replaced 10+ yrs ago at the approximate age of 35. He is currently experiencing lower back pain , the entire lower back along with swelling of his right leg. The entire leg is swollen with his ankle and foot being the worse. It is not hot to the touch or red. He has difficulty standing and can only stand 4-5 minutes. My concern is it may be heart related. He also has recently gained appx 20 lbs. Thank you! I m afraid something is seriously wrong.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012