Lower back pain, shortness of breath, dry cough. Normal x ray. What could be this?

Hi there,
I've been having lower back pain for a couple of years now and recently its been getting worse so my doctor has refured me to a phsyo. I've been going for about 6 weeks now, and there's been no inprovment In my pain, they then sent me for an xray and it came back normal. I've noticed in the last couple of days the pain has got even worse and I've also been having shortness of breath and a very dry cough. what could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013