Lower back pain, pain while walking, BP 140/100

i am suffring from lower back pain and in morning when i get up and walk my feet use to pain and my blood presure is 140/100 what shall i do
Asked On : Wed, 8 Feb 2012
1. Are you suffering from early morning stiffness in low back?. does the stiffness decreases as the day goes? If it is so, you might be suffering from spondyloarthropathy
2. Pain in feet near the heel during initial steps of walking more in the morning is usually Plantar fascitis. Causes can be many - recent weight gain, prolonged standing, decrease in arch of your foot etc.
3. For spondyloarthropathy it is advisable to get an Xray of your Lumbo-sacral spine and proceed.
4. For Plantar Fascitis - stretching exercises for plantar fascia, USG to the heel, Modified slippers/ insoles with cushioned heels/medial arch support to be used both indoors & outdoors, decreasing body weight can help. Altering the weight on each foot during prolonged standing can be useful.
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. M Agarwal's  Response
Hello. Thanks for writing to HCM.
Low back pain in the absence of radiation to legs/ feet or any other accompanying joint pain is mostly mechanical. It could also be due to deficit of Vitamin D (mostly in females) or imbalanced calcium and vitamin D. It could lead to feet pain, especially in morning. The best approach for you would be to have these investigations initially, maintain a healthy posture and practice at least half an hour of yoga in the morning. If you happen to have Vitamin D deficiency, you need to replenish it under advice by a physician. For BP, if you have been on medication, need modification of medication as it is not well controlled. However, the Bp and pain do not seem to be related.