Lower back pain, numbness in fingers. MRI shows foraminal extrusion. Will numbness go away?

Hi doctor, recently i had acute pain on my lower back radiating to my left leg and felling numbenss from left tight to teft leg fingers. The MRI RESULTS is L5-S1 disc show mild reduced height, moderate peripheral loss of hydration signals and medium sized posterior lefft paracentral -foraminal extrusion migrating inferiorly behind S1 superior end plate, encroaching into lefft lateral recess and neural foramen with severe compression of left S1 transversing nerve root .. IMPRESSION ---- L5-S1 disc left paracentral- foraminal extrusion compressing left S1 nerve root. i consulted a doctor who gave pain killers and ased for complete bed rest. now after one week of rest the pain has reduced considerably but there is still numness on my left leg fingers. will it go automattically? pls reply . thanks SHAJI
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012