Lower back pain, no relief with physical therapy, yoga, cortisone injections. MRI done. Possibility of Multiple Sclerosis. Suggestion?

Hi, My 25 yr old daughter has been on bed rest for lower back pain since February and has tried all kinds of things medical and naturopathic. It was first thought to be sciatica. It has gotten progressively worse even with all the physical therapy, cortisone injections, accupuncture, yoga, etc. She just had an MRI done with a note of Multiple foci of subcortical and periventricular white matter and have told her that MS is a possibility. She isn't having any balance issues or numbness and tingling. Can you think of anything else we could look in to? She is being scheduled for a lumbar punch and a contrast MRI. We are at a loss as are several orthopedic specialists.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013