Lower back pain, knee gives way. X-ray shows knee wear and tear. Do I have a crumbling spine?

Hi, in 2008 and 2010 I had two operations and had to have epidurual, when they tryed to place it in my lower back they could not do it they had to go further up my spin, they said that i had a crumbling spin, I do have a lot of pain in the lower part of my back. My left knee gives way alot, had xrays on knees just wear and tear, who do I find out if I do have a crumbling spin, and could my knee giving way be part of this.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013