Lower back pain, have slipped vertebra above sacrum. What should I do?

I had a lumbar/sacral MRI scan(pars view) done 15/06/12 after I eventually got to see a specialist on 11/05/12. He told me I have a slipped vertebra above sacrum and demonstrated on a plastic spine . He also mentioned that nerves were misfiring causing abnormal muscle tension in glute and hamstring and other leg muscles going unused.( I have been doing physio to strengthen thighs. I had arthroscopy , debridement and removal of bone cysts 2008. Cartilage damage in left knee then only stage2, right a little better). I have not got my scan results. The extreme discomfort in lower back stabbing and wrenching pains in hip and odd numbness side of left leg worsening steadily.I cannot find a comfortable position to sleep. Any activities are severely unpleasant. I have an active job in retail and I find I cannot do things at pace anymore as I cannot tolerate sudden movements .I find bending down to access low objects a torture which I have to force myself to do. This makes me urinate too frequently, strangely lifting heavy objects is not any more painful than the bending.( When I first started having back symptoms I thought it was severe cystitis and even had a course of antibiotics.) Walking to and from work is also a torture. I cannot even handle sitting in one position for very long esp on hard chairs. Luckily I do not have the opportunity to sit at work except for on a kickstep (I work 50hrspw ave). I still go to gym about once a week where I was told the leg press is helpful. I choose my activities carefully but still like to push!! My current pain relief daily is up to 400mg tramadol, 240mg cocodamol,2 naproxen(crap) omeprazole and now amytriptiline25mg evening and I still get breakthrough pain( and I am now a cabbage). I need treating as I am getting worse, I dont think resting works particularly either. How do I proceed?? I have only been offered a phone appt with specialist for fri 6/7/12 for 10 mins. I asked diagnostics to send scan to gp but they failed at that too. I cannot concentrate as I can t get comfortable. What should I do???????? How is it acceptable for a working person, who pays ni, to be fobbed off and not given any specific info or advice just some meds. I do feel the slip is not stable and wondering what may happen next...should I obtain my own copy of mri??
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012