Lower back pain, bloated stomach, shortness of breath. Pneumonia ruled out after chest x-ray. Respiratory infection?

Hi, I have had lower back pain/inflammation for about 8 weeks, whilst this has eased somewhat and the muscles are less tight there is still a pull if I arch my back. More worrying is my stomach seems to fill up with air when I exert my body -like walking up a hill or stairs and I find difficullty in getting a deep breath/or shortness of breath. Been to a GP, sending me for xrays for chest and back, she thinks I have a respiratory infection of some sort, but has ruled out pluercy or pneumonia . Would this and or the back problen be causing my shortness of breath?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012