Lower back pain. Why has it been increasing across hips and thighs? Cause and treatment?

i started having pain in my lower back about four days ago, it wasn t restricting me so i didn t think much about it and continued with my activities. i am a professional modern dancer so my activities can be physically intense. yesterday the pain increased and traveled into my right hip and upper thigh. i am also experiencing twitching in only my thigh and numbness only from my knee to my ankle . it s extremely uncomfortable in almost any position. it s very painful to walk or stand still. it s painful to stretch . elevating only relieves briefly,then i have to find a new position.all of this only occuring to my RIGHT lower back, hip, and thigh/leg. what caused or is causing this and what can i do about it?
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012