Lower back pain. MRI shows effusion in knee joint. Want opinion

HELLO,I M KUNAL MANNA,AGE 22 YR. APPROX. 2 MONTHS AGO I FELT SEVERE LOW BACK PAIN .I WENT TO MY ORTHOPEDIC .HE SUGGESTED ME TO DO AN X-RAY & MRI OF LUMBOSACRAL SPINE .THE MRI REPORT IS AS FOLLOWS, THIS SUGGESTS THE SACRALIZATION OF L5 VERTEBRA ON LEFT SIDE WITH EVIDENCE OF RIGHT SIDED ACUTE SACROILIITIS.THERE ARE DEGENERATIVE CHANGES IN LUMBOSACRAL SPINE WITH POSTERO-LATERAL DISC HERNIATIONS AT L1-L2 TO L5-S1.THESE DISCS ARE COMPRESSING THE THECAL SAC & CAUDA EQUINA NERVE ROOTS.THERE IS NO SECONDARY CENTRAL CANAL STENOSIS . SUGGESTED CLINICAL CORRELATION & FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS IF CLINICALLY INDICATED.AN INFLAMMATORY SPONDYLOARTHROPATHY LIKE ANKULOSING SPONDYLOSIS NEEDS TO BE EXCLUDED.” PARALLEL ALLY I FELT SEVERE PAIN IN LEFT KNEE JOINT & IT BECAME STIFF.MY Dr. FURTHER SUGGESTED TO DO AN MRI OF LEFT KNEE JOINT. THE REPORT OF LEFT KNEE JOINT MRI IS AS BELOW, THIS SUGGESTS EFFUSION IN LEFT KNEE JOINT WITH OEDEMA IN THE SOFT TISSUE AROUND KNEE JOINT.FEATURES FAVOUR AN INFLAMMATORY AETIOLOGY. SUGGESTED CLINICAL CORRELATION AND FURTHER INVESTIGATIONS IF CLINICALLY INDICATED. NOW AFTER COMPLETION AN ANTIBIOTIC COURSE I FELT A LITTLE BIT BETTER BUT THE PAIN IS COMING BACK. MY INCONSISTENT BLOOD REPORT DURING ANTIBIOTIC COURSE IS AS FOLLOWS, DATE- 29/11/11 -ESR -62, CRP-12mg/ml DATE-04/01/13 -ESR-90, CRP-12mg/ml DATE- 09/01/13-ESR-60, CRP-12mg/ml ALL OTHER REPORTS ARE WITHIN NORMAL RANGE. URIC ACID NORMAL. SO,I M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR VALUABLE OPINION ON THIS REGARD.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
It is more likely an inflammatory arthritis condition. Antibiotic usually given to treat infection. I would suggest to tap the knee and the joint fluid can be sent for lab examination. It will definitely confirm whether its an infection or inflammation. Inflammatory spondyloarthropathy include ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis and few other rare disorders. I would suggest to consult rheumatologist. Need to do bunch of tests to diagnose the type of arthritis You may have to do HLA B27 test to diagnose ankylosing spondylitis. Thanks.