Lower back pain. MRI of lumbar spine shows posterior disc bulging

Res. sir my sister 25 year old and suffering from lower back pain. dr. suggest us operation or 6 months bed rest. i want to know that any other treatment available in this deses otger than operation? Plz help me and give me guidence. MRI report as below. MRI SCAN OF LUMBAR SPINE test report date: 22 nov. 2012 technique : High resolution T1 and T2 weighted serial selection in sagittal plane. Gradient echo axial plane through lumbar region. Finding : * Normal lumbar curvature. * posterior disc bulging at L4-L5 & L5-S1 levels; causing indentation on the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and mild narrowing of the both lateral recesses; resultant indenting the both exiting nerve roots * Remaining lumbar intervertebral discs appear normal in signal intensity, contour and height. * Visualized vertebral bodies shows sappear normal in signal intensity and height. * no e/o spondylolysis/listhesisi noted. * Bony spinal canal appear normal in diameter. * The lower end of spinal cord and conus medullaris are normal. * Rest of the intervertebral foramina do not reveal any abnormality. * No intraspinal mass or pre/paravertebral collection is seen conclusion : posterior disc bulging at L4-L5 & L-5-S1 levels; causing indentation on the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and both exiting nerve roots (LT RT) thanks sir. Deepti thakkar Nakhatrana Dist: Kutch State: Gujarat India
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012