Lower back pain. History of injury while strongman conditioning

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to even begin to read this, it is much appreciated. About 1/2 a year (quite possibly a full year) I was strongman conditioning with my step-dad (which included me lifting a bunch of things that I could barely lift right. So I was finally getting into shape (since even with conditioning I am still overweight , was striving to become fit.) So, stupidly, I lifted something that was about 450 pounds total (225 in each hand on a farmers lift for a competition we were gearing up to do.) Instantly felt something wrong, so as weeks progressed my back became terrible in condition. Went to the doctor and she sent me to physical therapy . After a few sessions of physical therapy I got the exercises I was meant to do there, and to save money just decided to do them at home. (they didn t require any special equipment despite all my complaining of my back.) So ever since then it has been kind of dormant, sometimes hurting other times not. Fast forward to recent times, I started a job. Basically being on my feet for the entire period of time, doing different jobs with different back stresses. That stuff doesn t bother me in the moment, it just waits until I get home. Once I get rested in my bed, I tend to forget / have to do something and get up. It has gotten to the point where I cannot stand, or if I can stand i have to have something to hold onto the entire way. It feels like my legs are going to just give out with excruciating lower back pain (worse than the initial injury and physical therapy weeks). I would just really like to know what I am dealing with, potentially. I should be able to stand up as much as the job requires me to, there are plenty of young people (overweight and not) doing the exact same thing as me and not complaining. I would like to know how serious this could be. Please, if any light can be shed on this it is much appreciated. Also if you need me to clarify anything please say so, its about 4:00 AM and I just got off work so I don t expect some of this to make sense. Thanks, Robert
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012