Lower abdominal pain, nausea during intercourse. Tampon, Paraguard IUD inserted. Treatment?

I recently got the Paraguard IUD . A few days ago I experienced pain during intercourse in my lower abdomen that made me nauseous. More recently, when I inserted a tampon I felt similar pain and extreme discomfort. My current health care provider says my strings look the proper length and she could not see my IUD irritating my cervix . (The speculum insertion was also painful) I have never had issues with intercourse or with using a tampon. Is there an explanation for why I experience pain with insertion?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012