Lower abdominal pain, lump in stomach, cyst found from adnexa. Is it cancer?

Hello, I am 35 years old and 8 months post delivery and have recently experienced pains in lower abdomen and felt a large lump in my stomach, i have only felt these symptoms in the last 6 weeks once I stpped breast feeding. I had an appt at my GP and was sent to have an urgent scan to which they found a complex cyst measuring 17-18cm in length arising from right adnexa. I have had my bloods to see my CA125 levels and have been referred to the Gynaecologist and have been told the cyst needs to be removed surgically and fast. My biggest and most immediate concern is that it is cancer. There is no history of ovarian , breast or cervical cancer in my family however my father did die of pancreatic cancer . I am terrified as I have two young children and do not want the cyst to be malignant. I want to know what the chances are of it being malignant? Thank you as I am feel sick to the core with worry. Anna
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013