Lower abdominal pain, diarrhea. Did stool culture for Giardia, cryptosporidium antigen. Could there be worm infestation?

i went to the Dr. today with complaints of left lower abdomen pain, diarrhea , a long (7 ) piece of rubber that resembled a hollow flat worm-looking thing. The Dr. said it wasn t a worm...could be the lining of my intestine or stomach. he said he had never seen anything like it. later i had do give a stool culture for Giardia/ Cryptosporidium Antigen and C diff by PCR. Also stool for WBC . The stool sample i gave had several more of those worm like things but mixed with the now fairly hard 5 inch long stool.what is the Dr. looking for and could my lining be discharging?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013