Lower abdominal pain. Ultrasound shows thick endometrium, fluid in cavity. Tubal ligation done. History of dysmenorrhoea. Cause of concern?

Hi, I am 40 years old a single mom of 3 children. I often have dysmenorrhoea since I was 16, I have regular period but I had tubal ligation when I had my last child almost 10 years ago. Recently I feel pain in my lower abdomen that goes on and off the entire month and it is more painful than when I am having my period. I had u/s abdomen/ pelvis combine and the result showed fluid in endometrial cavity with 17.5 thickness. I was asked to repeat the u/s after 11/2 month. I am worried, is this serious?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012