Lower abdominal pain. Diagnosed soft tumor. Ultrasound normal. Should I go for FNAC test?

My mother was complaining pain in lower abdomen . She was rushed to a Local hospital yesterday where she was diagnosed as having a soft tumor and advised for a ultra sound and FNAC test. The US report came normal result.But due to absence of the technician FNAC could not be conducted yesterday, The test would be conducted day after tomorrow. I was told by my friend that, in case the tumor is a non-benign and being aspirated with a needle the tumor shall be spreaded all over the body and the patient would be un-recoverable. My question is should I go for an FNAC test as advised by my Sargon or leave the case for open surgery With regards Jamini Kar Mob : 0000 YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013