Lower abdominal discomfort, history of urinary tract infection. Due to UTI or antibiotics?

Hi, I have been having Urinary Tract Infection for the whole of this year. Recently had it treated with Bactrim but it didn t work, so cipro did the job, now on second course. I have been having dull lower back pain for a few days in my first course then it went away after two days. Now on the second course to totally clear it, I m experiencing some lower abdominal discomfort. It s like something is pulling me on the inside. Feels more like cramps maybe but I really don t know what cramps feels like on the abdomen cos I don t usually have menstrual cramps if thats the closest I can associate cramps to. It s not pain, cos it s bearable and it s a very dull type of pain not sharp pain. Then the cramp proceeded to my lower left side. And that is some occasional sharp like pain. I m experiencing this only today. Im wondering if this could be affected by my UTI? or the antibiotics? But in the course of eating it I haven t experience much of any other kinds of symptoms as this, so Im puzzled by why I m experiencing this only when the UTI is almost cleared and in my final course of antibiotics. If it s not then what could it be? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012