Lower abdominal and back pain. Occasional diarrhea, sounds from stomach. Slight relief from omeprazole. Suggest

I have been having lower abdominal cramps and back pains since a month. I do have diarrhea occasionally whenever I drink excess of coffee for 1-2 days. I do hear some sounds from my stomach also at times. The pain is more in the evenings. It is a dull pain which is more when I am sitting. My stool color seems to be fine. Sometimes it is in the regular banana shape and other times it is broken into many pieces. I consulted a doctor he has advised me to take omeprazole 20 mg for a month. I have taken it for a week and still I do not see a great improvement. It may have improved slightly. I would request you to please give me a suggestion.

Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013