Lower abdomen muscle trembling causing shaking of lower body parts, difficulty in walking, sitting for long, eases on lying. Remedy?

my grand mother is 73yr old.the muscle of her lower abdomen trembles vigorously with a rolling a result the whole lower part of her body shakes including legs for which she cant walk properly,neither can sit for too long.only when she lies on bed she feels relieved.but when she sleeps soundly her trembling stops totally.she has been suffering this for quite a few months now.she takes neuro medicines but nothing seems to work.WHAT DISEASE IS THIS?PLS SUGGEST ANY MEDICINE FOR COMPLETE CURE.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Can be related to a nerve fiber compression or an electrolyte imbalance Investigations like EnG will help. Vitamin B 12 supplements can be tried.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,