First of all, do not get influenced by any advertisement of Health supplements.
It is not advisable to take any medication/supplements for weight gain & increasing muscle mass, because these medications interfere with the normal metabolic rate of the body & causes a number of side effects, such as:
1. They contain small amounts of steroids
, and can lead to a number of bone-related problems.
2. High amount of protein can affect kidney & liver function.
3. High sugar levels can result in diabetes
with long term use.
imbalances, reduced sexual desire, depression
So, it is advisable to consult your family physician once before choosing any such medication or health supplement.
Moreover, you should not compromise on routine healthy food such as:
1. Consume more of natural diet like fresh fruits, green vegetables, milk, eggs, wheat, etc.
2. Avoid oily and junk food.
3. Stay away from smoking & alcohol.
Despite these measures, if you experience difficulty, it will be better to get certain investigations like complete blood count
, thyroid profile, estimation of blood sugar level to rule out any chronic infection, hormonal and metabolic causes.
Wishing you a healthy life.