Low sexual desire, diagnosed with low thyroid, recommended nebido injection. Right treatment?

I went to my gynecologist today because of my lack of sexual appetite . I am 39 yrs and I am in a stable relationship. However I have been having problems with my partner in view of my low sex drive. To this affect after the blood test it results that I have low thyroid ...which the gynecologist have given me pills to cure. However, and this what concerns me he has recommended a nebido injection (half doze) to take every 4 months. After researching on the Internet I notice that nebido injection is not really recommended to women. My gynecologist is actually quite confident that by this injection my sex drive will become excellent. Can you pls give me a second opinion. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012