Low self confidence. How to overcome it?

I am 22 years old female. I m working with an IT company for about a year now. I opted for job instead of further studies just as to try something different. But now the situation is that i do not get along well with my colleagues in office. And my schedule is also become such that i do not get time to share my daily issues with anyone. I m not comfortable to share it with my parents as i don t want to make them unhappy.I have 2 main bosses incharge, my project lead and above him my project manager. My initial impression on them was such that they actually do not know my potential. But i know that I can do much better. Also my interaction with them is very minimal. And they do not get to know me better. Due to all this I feel that i m not a person who can do a job. Sometimes I even start feeling i don t have the skills and i don t feel like attending office as I m so quiet and don t talk much there, whereas I m a really different person outside office. Can you please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello prajakta
I believe you have taken the right decision to opt for job and there is nothing to feel low about knowledge. The person who handles the issues is the practical person than the one who knows theory but zero on practical ground. You are there to enjoy the work culture and it is fine if you have low interaction with boss. Nothing to feel ill of it. This is begining gather experiences here. No one is perfect. Just put your wholeself in what so ever you do. Be up and doing best is yet to be . this is not the end of jobs or opportunities. Leave the things to God and thank him for his blessings.Talk to every body not as a self pity but of the ignorance of others. Offence is best defence. who says the sands of life are run , best is yet to be , be up and doing, golden chapter of your life is waiting for your inscriptions, write it out in cheer hope and happiness.
Just as supportive medicine to lift your mood you can have cap. stresscom
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response

You have moderate depression.So consult with a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management and also if possible you can take counseling in the name of cognitive behaviour therapy that can help much to increase your confidence.I advice you talk with your psychiatrist about CBT.

bEST wishes
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. more than low self confidence there is increased self-doubt and insecurity in yourself which is a major concern.
2. change the negativity about yourself and look out for opportunities more than thinking about the criticism.
3. only you can make yourself feel bad, so stop comparing yourself.
4. stop worrying of pleasing others instead think,decide and choose for yourself, this way start building self confidence in yourself.
5. lastly, don't expect to be perfect; expect failures,mistakes to happen.
6. start practicing Yoga postures and Pranayam exercises.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
Self-confidence is extremely important in almost every aspect of our lives and people who lack it can find it difficult to become successful.
Low self-confidence can be self -destrutive and it often manifests itself as negativity.
Your early environment and influences often have a major effect on your confidence has developed throughout your early life along with your own disposition and resilience. Many siblings brought up have very different levels of confidence.
My advice is, Joining an evening class support or interest group or understanding training is often the first step to building confidence.
Counselling , Hypnotherapy and life coaching are common therapies used to help improve self-confidence.
Techniques not strategies can be developed to build your self.-confidence.and change current negative thinking.
There are also many books with strategies and techniques for those who wish to develop this part of themselves.
Brahmi nei can be very useful for stress free live.
Homeopath Dr. Anoop Maheshwari's  Response